Have a private question or comment?

Email me I would love to know your feedback for this site or let me know what I can research for you. Happy to help in any way I can! Click the link or copy and paste babyblueinbangkok@gmail.com

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Price Comparison - Feeding Bottles



I’m an excel spreadsheet freak, and since giving up my corporate job I 'excel' everything possible in my life to make me feel like I’m organized. Of course, this does not come close to making me an organised person but it lulls me into a false sense of calm.

Last week’s obsession, and excuse for an excel spreadsheet, was comparing the cost of feeding equipment (Thailand versus any cost savings I could find in the UK - we have a trip home planned and I need to know how much space to leave in my luggage for baby purchases!).
I know that bottles are more of a fluid thing to purchase (excuse the pun) and knowing my luck we will have a baby that refuses the bottles I have bought, has colic and poses me all manner of feeding complications, but I knew that starting with a basic idea of a bottle brand in mind would help me make decisions on sterilizers and pumps (where the real money can be saved if purchasing back home).

I have settled on, initially, setting myself up with Philips Avent Natural, mainly because it is readily available in Bangkok and because they have a good microwave sterilizer (whilst I have not found the microwave steriliser in Bangkok, yet). Despite the price comparison below showing Philips Avent as one of the more expensive brands here I am confident that I saved us over GBP100 by purchasing the steriliser, manual breast bump and bottle starter kit in the UK, and at least I am confident that I can purchase any additional bottles and teats from any of the major stores.

Detailed price comparison table (of stores in Bangkok) is below but here are my conclusions:
  • Natur is the cheapest bottles I can find
  • Can get some good priced Pigeon products in Tesco and Tops
  • Philips Avent appear to be the most widely available international brand in Bangkok
  • Philips Avent Natural are more readily available in Bangkok than Classic
  • Can also get Tommee Tippee but stocks did not seem so prevalent as Philips Avent
  • The Innosense range from Mothercare is available in other stores and seems reasonable value for Bangkok
  • Dr Browns is available but limited, as are other brands



1 comment:

  1. Nice Information. There are an assortment of sterilizers accessible available today, everything from sterilizers that you
    just leave on the counter and disregard to jug sterilizers that you fly in the microwave. Glass bead sterilizers are widely used in laboratories for the sterilization process.

    ReplyDelete